Monday, November 28, 2011

Blog 18

         My top three blog entries for the semester would be Blog 1 “Hype”; Blog 6 “The Truman Show” and Blog8 “Red pill or Blue pill: Is Ignorance Bliss” the reason being for me to have choosing these blogs as my top 3 because I believe that they were my strongest blogs. I feel as though I put much more thought into them, also I enjoyed these blogs the most. In blog1 “Hype” it help me to see what was my weakest point in writing and what I need to improve in, such as sentence boundaries, my grammar and putting the period and common in the right places. Blog 6 “The Truman Show” inspires me to be thankful for the life that I have and to be happy that my life is not planned out for me, unlike the protagonist Truman, who life was planned out for him since he was in his mother stomach. Besides that it helps me to realize that everyone goes through obstacle and life changing moment, but that is what life is all about. In blog 8 “Red pill or Blue pill: Is Ignorance Bliss” helps me to learn that freedom is not mandatory, it’s a choice either you like the idea of people controlling your life or you rather be able to control your own life and learn from your mistake.
       Overall I think all of my blogs were my top, because I was able to learn from my mistake in writing and to improve in aspect of certain lack of ability, to be a better writer. Writing online was more fun than any other writing experience, because I despise writing papers with pen or pencil, I’m more of a typing person and also I am able to fix my mistake on the computer. I felt as though writing online was a shared experience because it helped me to look at my fellow classmate work, to see how to start off, or their point on a situation. I often looked at their blogs, so that I can get an idea on how to start my own. I never really thought that others were looking at my blogs, like I was looking at there’s, it probable was a possible they were to do exactly what I was doing to their blogs.
        The lesson that I would take when leaving this class is to read something two-three times, so that I can truly understand what I’m reading and to always annotating when reading a passage it really helps. The thing that I would of like to of came across more in class, was the CAT, I would of wished we would of got to take more of the practice test. And spend more time with it than doing the blogs, even though the blogs did help out.  I feel as although, my writing skill was on an 8th grade level now it has improved drastically. I still need lots of work so that it can be a college level. I feel as nonetheless I’m leaving this class, with somewhat of a basic understanding of writing strategies. My most memorable moment in this class was discovering, why I was in the class and how it really helped me out, from when I first started it. I recommend any student to take this class, and to let them know that it’s not easy, but it will help you improve your writing skills.   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest and thoughtful reflection! I enjoyed having you as a student and I am glad you got some good pointers from the class.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete